Troyes Habitat – Mobilising Student Housing
Troyes , France
Local social sustainability
, Relations to stakeholders
, Target groups of housing
The city of Troyes wanted to develop stronger training and expand their higher education sector. The local public housing company has adapted its housing offer accordingly, and in particular to respond to housing needs of students, making it easier for them to settle in (particularly foreign students). A building with 57 apartments was completely renovated and turned into 91 flats/studios for students, with a dedicated management team for student housing. Services are provided to help students move in, such as furnishing, cleaning kit, wi-fi, access to communal washing machines, etc)
Why it works
- no booking fees
- rents adapted to all budgets and payable in arrears: Troyes Habitat offers 850 student accommodations from type 1 to type 5 (shared) from € 123 / month.
- approved housing to obtain Housing Allowance or Personalized Housing Assistance
- housing ideally located near centers of interest and public transport (schools, universities, shops, town center, etc.)
- a dedicated offer of student accommodation equipped with kitchenette with sink, hob, microwave and fridge. Traditional parks are located near the study sites among the 9,500 housing units at Troyes Habitat.
- a housing maintenance kit is offered
- 50% of the accommodation offered to students is equipped with furniture.